Saturday 24 May 2014

My Mom's Birthday!

Why am I sharing the birthday letter I wrote to my mom, you ask?

Well. I'll tell you. It's because my mom - also basically my teacher, role model and friend - is really wonderful and I wanted the internet to know how much I love her. I get told all the time (I literally mean on a daily basis) that we look exactly alike and that I act, sound or even write like my mom does. All of this makes me proud, 'cause if I turned out to be the gracious, child-lovin', Jesus-chasin', advice-givin' kitchen master my mom is, I would be delighted.

Beware; this is completely full of randomness and bursts of love.



Dear Mommy,

Happy (insert number of choice)th birthday! Hopefully this gift is exactly what you asked for. Please wear to Church next week!   (Side note: among some sweeter things, I bought my mom a pirate eye patch from the party section the other day. Just a little bit of Graham weirdness.)

Thank you for inviting me to come to the conference  - I had a great weekend with you and I would do it again, even with the neck/ back pain!

I meant what I said yesterday! I'm glad I can talk to you as a mom and as a friend, particularly as I get older and  need a mature opinion in certain situations. You've done a great, great job at more than just raising me.  And 19 + years of work have paid off, Mom! I'm fabulous.

So here's to the perfect day (and year ... and life) for my beautiful, awesome Mom. May you live at least another ... 58 years. Yep. That'd be great.

I love you!

Sincerely,

Kailey

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet words and sweet memories from days long gone.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10