Wednesday 30 October 2013

Wanted Signs

I haven't posted anything in a while, which is silly, because I'm in America, but my heart and my dreams continue to fly me back to Africa ... and that seems like good blogging material to me! 
 
Let's put it this way; I don't know what's up; my heart feels like a silent film sometimes. There's so much going on inside, but there's no way to put it to words. It's not that I don't want to be here! Still, I'm a little torn inside.

If you live in Namibia and you happen to come across a little boy with a smile more blinding than the sun, dark, mischievous eyes and an outstanding supply of silliness, tell him I miss him so badly, it still hurts. 

If you come across a deaf girl with The Number One Most Infectious Laugh on the Planet, cuddle her till she's sick of it - which she never will be, by the way. You're actually at risk for being cuddled to death if you start.

 Should you run into a girl with remarkably big, dark pools for eyes that could swallow you up in their depths, tell her Kailey is coming back soon; two months is a long time, but it won't last forever. I miss her skinny arms and her crazy, unkempt hair.


If you're lucky enough to meet their oldest sister, the eight-year-old Beloved Queen of Everything, ask if she has a gap in her schedule and tell her I'll be back to watch Barney and make cookies with her in no time.

If you see a heart wondering the streets of Otjiwarongo at night, tell her to go back to sleep - her body will be arriving in about two months.

1 comment:

  1. Kailey,

    You must follow your dreams, whatever it may be. Think about your future here. I love you

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10