Saturday 31 March 2012

First Post

Hi.


This is the first blog post of many on our (hopefully) entertaining and successful blog.


My name is Kailey Graham and I am 16 years old. I live in an African country where the people thrive on music and the green and yellow mountains are decorated with the glint of tiny tin roofs - that is, Namibia. My ministry is with dance. I am a part-time teacher in this art, hoping to learn further about modern dance and ballet after graduation (looking into GMU). At the moment, I am the oldest of ten siblings. Yep! I have six foster, one adopted, and two biological siblings. I'll post pics of them soon.


What I think this blog will do is encourage, make you laugh, maybe make you cry as you read about the lives and problems of missionaries. Whether you live in a foreign country, you're about to move, or you never really plan on leaving the place where you live, I really hope these stories will minister to and inspire you.


I am bursting with ideas on what to write, what stories to tell, what jokes to share and what guest writers could help me. I love Namibia, despite various problems, accidents, scary moments, adventures, and hospitalizations our family has faced in moving here. There really are about a thousand experiences I cannot wait to share. Plus a few I can definitely wait to share. Definitely.


So with love I say, as a missionary, artist and blogger ...
    Welcome to Africa.

    ~Kailey

1 comment:

  1. Well hullo from the other side of the pond! Oh, what an amazing family, and what a fantastic idea for a blog! I can't wait to hear about your adventures and siblings! I didn't have Jake's e-mail address but I DID tag him in a "share" on FB. He just recently upended his life here in the states to go and follow a call on his family's life in Liberia! :D

    I can tell you how excited I am. Definitely a wonderful idea Kailey!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10