Sunday 30 December 2012

Four beauties

Since we're allowed to post pictures of the children now, I figured I would. Our family lost the legal battle and the children were taken away.
 Our family is now about a month into the healing process. 
It's been difficult for us to bounce back. Our family now faces the task of finding motivation when we wake up to a quiet house and know that the children are living in the same town, but can no longer be a part of our family. My parents, who are struggling the most, are doing whatever they can to help my siblings and I live a happy life, even with these changes. Please pray for Sinsua, Khitani, Pinkie and Densley. They're facing a new life - a lot of us still have nightmares because of the anxiety that comes with not being able to protect the four from any pain they might feel. These are four very beautiful kids ... they deserve a much easier life.
Our influence on them is not done though - we're allowed to visit, allowed to bring them things, allowed to invite them over to our house. And we definitely plan to. The ache in my heart still exists, but I know I can still be Ousie.
 
 
Sinsua, age 6,  refusing to smile - Densley's birthday (June, '12)
 
 
 
Pinky (age 3) with all of Ashlan's stuffed animals.


 

A letter my dad left on the counter the first time the kids were taken away. (September, '12)
 

 

 

                                                             My mom reading to (left to right) Sinsua (7), Pinkie (3) and Khitani (5) in their pj's. (November, '12)
 

 
 
Densley the night we first met him at 8 months old ... ill, dehydrated, too weak to even crawl. (February, '12)
 


Ten months later, still tiny for eighteen months, but probably the most beautiful baby I've ever known.

1 comment:

01 09 10