Sunday 10 November 2013

Moriah


I wrote a message for my facebook page, Bible Verse of the Day, just to share with the people who followed the page, but I decided to paste it here too ... so read below for an itsy-bitsy-short-little Kailey sermon.

[Gen. 22: 8] "My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering." - Abraham

Hey Guys,
I wanted to do something different today.
I recently watched a video meant to depict Abraham and Isaac's journey to Moriah, where Abraham knew he had to kill his own son. It was emotional, to say the least; it wasn't that Abraham didn't love his son. It wasn't an easy decision. He knew what God asked and he acted on it, regardless of the pain he felt.
How much am I willing to give to God? I sing 'I surrender all' in Church, but 'All' is an awful lot to give up.
I'm not sure what Abraham meant when he told his son that God would provide; Isaac had been provided by God, hadn't he? Maybe he meant he would give up his son because he belonged to God anyway.
It takes risk and pain surrender EVERYTHING to Jesus. But God doesn't forget it when you do.
The knife was raised, prayers said, cheeks hot with fresh tears ... the situation already explained to his son. In Abraham's heart, the sacrifice was already done. That's as far as God planned on letting it go.

"Do not lay your hand on the lad or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God , since you have not withheld your son, your only son from me." Genesis 22: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10