Tuesday 10 September 2013

Packing Light

Tomorrow, we begin a trip through the United States of America - that's right! We're back in our passport country and beginning our 'Graham World Tour' - which is the weird little nickname I've given to this month long journey.

Just think.  28 days gone - Roughly 60 hours in the car. 7 different states. One camp sight, two Grandparents' houses, one hotel, and I-don't-know-how-many friends are letting our clan invade their homes. Also, a handful of presentations.

Today, I gave a presentation of my own to my little sisters before I helped them back their bags. A presentation which I cheesily named How 2 Pack Light

 

1. If you don't know if you'll wear it, don't bring it.
     Have you ever wanted to want to wear something? Those are the things you leave behind; it will still be there when you get back.
 
2. Keep the weather in mind.
     We're mostly travelling in September. I told them to bring 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of jeans for bottoms and a variety of comfortable shirts for tops. They'll only need one jacket each.
 
3. Keep to a color code.
     I wear a lot of browns and navy blues, so I made sure that was basically all I brought. If your outfits look boring, bring some fun jewelry, but your clothes should be simple and versatile.
 
4. High-low skirt.
     Unless of course you're not a girl. Have you seen how many ways you can wear one of those?? (Click on it. You know you're curious.) These are also (usually) the perfect packing material; don't even bother to fold it.
 
5. Tights.
  Girls, tights take up NO SPACE. I'm also one of those people who loves to layer shorts and tights in autumn weather.
 

6. Stuff your shoes.
      That's exactly what I meant to type; if you're packing an extra pair of shoes, that might be a good place to hide the little things like socks, makeup, jewelry, tights  - and *cough* (undergarments).
 
Hopefully, your shoes smell pretty fresh.
 
You know those objects that gradually get lost in the bottomless abyss you call your suitcase? Let them take refuge in your shoes.
 
 
And I wish I had more! I have to get up in 6 hours, so I'm heading out. Blessings.
 



 

1 comment:

  1. You sound like a world traveler! Way to go...
    Perhaps I need lessons from you too.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10